Our Ethos and Values
Hoylandswaine Primary is a small rural school that works hand-in-hand with families playing an integral part in the local community and ensuring our children grow up as responsible citizens of the 21st century developing respect for everyone and everything. We ensure the environment is safe, healthy and inclusive and free from prejudice and discrimination where all feel valued and supported. The five British Values underpin our work with the whole school community:
- Democracy - having a say in how our school community is run and abiding by the decision of the majority
- The rule of law - the importance of following the laws of our country
- Individual liberty - freedom for individuals to make their own choices
- Mutual respect - ensuring we give and receive respect to all
- Tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs - willingness and understanding to accept people as they are
Our vision is to equip children with an understanding of the wider world so that they engage effectively in modern society, moving forward with resilience, tenacity and confidence as independent thinkers who strive to become the very best they can be.