Pupil Wellbeing and Parent Support
Please check this page for regular updates and information!
My name is Mrs Dewhurst, I am the Parent Support Advisor and Pupil Wellbeing Officer.
Growing up today seems harder than ever and children and young people face a variety of stresses parents may not have done. My role as PSA and WBO is to provide them with the tools and support to succeed and have a strong emotional resilience and positive mental health. At the same time, my role is to support you as parents to give your child the support they need including liaising with the teaching staff when issues occur.
Part of my role is to be on hand to support parents/carers with any issues that arise in school or at home with your child(ren). I will work towards resolving these issues or communicating with the relevant persons.
I am available in the playground most days and if not you will find me in the brilliant new pod where Owls breakfast and after school club is run.
You can also contact me via email: email@example.com or via telephone 01226 762027
If you require any support please do not hesitate to get in touch.
I will offer support with
- Meeting with parents to support their child’s needs or their own needs offering advice, support and links to other organisations that may be able to offer assistance
- Lead on anti-bullying and deal with all bullying and relationships issues liaising with school staff and parents
- Holding parent support and information sessions to help parents understand and support their children’s needs
Part of my role as Wellbeing officer is to support the needs of the child and the family. This could be working one to one or in small groups with your child supporting them with:
- Building confidence
- Difficulties sleeping
- Eating disorders
- Work with individuals identified as vulnerable for any reason (related to SEN, relationships or temporary family issues) meeting with them regularly working on programmes agreed with parents
- Group work to support with friendships and relationships.
- Develop therapeutic programmes in school with small groups or individuals eg: art therapy
- Support the development of the PSHE programme alongside our PSHE leader, Miss Shepherd
I look forward to meeting you all.
RUN BY THE YMCA-Barnsley
Activities for children in a purpose built facility offering arts, crafts, games, free play, baking, sports and activities.
Age group: 5-8 years
Venue: YMCA Barnsley
Sessions: Every Thursday during term time, 5:00-6:00pm
Cost: YMCA membership or 60p per session
TYI Friday (Activities for children and young people with SEND)
Venue: YMCA Barnsley
TYI Friday (THANK YOU IT’S FRIDAY) is part of the Aiming High Short Breaks Provision and provides a range of youth club type activities for participants including personal and social development.
OPEN UP BARNSLEY
is emotional wellbeing and
mental health services for all
children and young people in
Here are some useful links to support your child! If you require any further information please get in touch.